Here are some help pages that customers can contact like First Direct customer FAQ, Forum, and Online Help
Contact First Direct Help @ firstdirect.com/help
Navigate to https://www1.firstdirect.com/help/ first. If you have a problem with the First Direct services, click on this link or paste it into the search bar of your browser and hit enter to go to the page. If you aren’t already logged in, type in your email and password to log into your account and gain access to the page.
General Problems that First Direct Customers Reports
- How do I change my address with First Direct?
- What is First Direct Secure Key?
- How do I activate Secure Key?
- How do I set up a digital secure key first direct?
- What is First Direct Internet Banking Plus?
- How do I get my first direct bank statement?
- Do you get a debit card with First Direct?
- What time does First Direct Open?
- How do I pay money into my first direct account?
- How long do Cheques take to clear first direct?
- Does first direct use faster payments?
- How do I cancel First Direct app?
- How do I complain to First Direct?
Contacting First Direct Help Pages
This is the official customer support page of First Direct, which contains different options for contacting them about a variety of issues. If you are looking for First Direct’s best customer help page or faq or forum, this is the best entry point. If you don’t have access to your account, try resetting the password with your email address. If that doesn’t work, contact First Direct directly by calling their customer service number at 03 456 100 100.
First Direct Frequently Asked Questions
What is First Direct Secure Key?
A Secure Key is first direct’s version of two-factor authentication. It generates a one-time security code each time you log on, meaning it’s much harder for a fraudster to breach.
Is the Mobile App secure?
Yes. Just like Online Banking on a Desktop, the App includes state of the art security measures. Plus, if you were to misplace your phone, your App is protected with your own security details – including biometrics if you set up your Digital Secure Key with this functionality.
What is PPI?
PPI is designed to cover the monthly repayments of your loan or credit card if you become unemployed, have an accident, become ill or die.
They stopped selling PPI in April 2008 – but before that they sold four main products:
- Personal Loan Protection Plan
- Balance Protector
- Flexiloan Repayment Protection
- Mortgage Repayment Protection.
How do I get my first direct bank statement?
- Log in to your online banking on your computer.
- Click ‘Statements’ and then ‘View statements’ from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘print’ at the bottom left-hand side of the screen (don’t click download).
How do I set up a standing order with First Direct?
You can set up a standing order by accessing the standing order/direct debit screen under ‘payments’ on the main menu and clicking on the ‘set up standing order’ button.
How do I make a Travel Insurance claim?
If you need to make a claim for cutting your trip short or for emergency medical treatment while on holiday, you can call medical emergency line on +44 (0)1603 605 128, which is open 24 hours a day.
Their Claims helpline +44 (0)1603 605 125 is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Can I apply for a joint life policy?
Sorry – they don’t provide joint life polices just single ones. If you are taking out a joint mortgage and you feel you require a joint life policy, please contact a financial adviser or moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
How long can I take a loan out for?
The minimum term for their loans is 12 months and the maximum term is 84 months. You can choose any term in between, in 6 month increments.